This is the data protection notice for www.rspcaderby.org.uk (the “Website”)
This website is operated by Derby & District RSPCA (charity number 222620). We take the privacy of all visitors to this Website very seriously and therefore set out in this data protection and cookies notice what you should expect when you share your personal information with us or use this Website.
This policy covers all data that is shared by a visitor with us whether directly via www.rspcaderby.org.uk or via email, except for the following:-
- If you share personal data with us in order to make donations to us (whether monetary or as goods for our shops), or in connection with your membership of the Branch, our Branch Supporters Privacy Notice will cover our use of that data.
- If you share personal data with us in connection with applying for or working as a volunteer with the Branch or fundraising for us, our Volunteers Privacy Notice will cover our use of that data.
- If you share personal data with us in connection with adopting an animal from us, our Adopters Privacy Notice will cover our use of that data.
THE KIND OF INFORMATION WE HOLD ABOUT YOU
In operating our Website we may collect and process the following data about you:
1.1 Details of your visits to our Website and the resources that you access including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblog statistics and other communication data.
1.2 Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Website, such as when you register to receive information such as a newsletter or contact us via the contact us page.
1.3 Information provided to us when you communicate with us (including via e-mail or telephone) for any reason.
We do not collect any sensitive personal information via our Website.
HOW WE WILL USE INFORMATION ABOUT YOU
We will only use your personal information when the law allows us to. Most commonly, we will use your personal information in the following circumstances:
1. Where we need to perform a contract we have entered into with you (for example to administer memberships).
2. Where we need to comply with a legal obligation (for example provision of information related to Gift Aid).
3. Where it is necessary for our legitimate interests (or those of a third party) and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests (for example in analysing our Website traffic)
4. Situations in which we will use your personal information
The data that we collect through our Website (except where covered by our Supporter, Volunteer or Adopter privacy notices) is primarily used in the following situations:-
- To respond to queries and requests sent to us via forms on the Website or by e-mail
- To analyse our Website traffic in order to assess visitor behaviour patterns and website usage in order to help us to improve our Website
- Where we are permitted to do so, to communicate with you about the activities of Derby & District RSPCA
Change of purpose
We will only use your personal information for the purposes for which we collected it, unless we reasonably consider that we need to use it for another reason and that reason is compatible with the original purpose. If we need to use your personal information for an unrelated purpose, we will notify you and we will explain the legal basis which allows us to do so.
STORING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We will not generally transfer data that we collect from you to locations outside of the European Economic Area, except where our website hosting provider Fasthosts or our website analytics provider Google host elements of their service outside the European Economic Area. We will take all reasonable steps to make sure that your data is treated securely and in agreement with applicable laws.
The transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure and therefore we cannot guarantee the security of data sent to us electronically and the transmission of such data is entirely at your own risk. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password so that you can access certain areas of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential.
We may need to share your data with third-parties, including third-party service providers, other RSPCA Branches or National RSPCA. We require third parties to respect the security of your data and to treat it in accordance with the law. We will share your personal information with third parties where required by law, where it is necessary to administer our relationship with you or where we have another legitimate interest in doing so.
We use Fasthosts to host our Website, and so any information gathered via our Website is shared with Fasthosts. We use Google Analytics to analyse our website traffic and so information on your usage of the Website is shared with Google, although this is not done in a way that would connect that information with your identity.
We may also share your data with the following third-party service providers where we need them to process personal data about you: Inside Out (marketing communication), eTapestry (Customer Relationship Management system).
All our third-party service providers and other entities in the group are required to take appropriate security measures to protect your personal information in line with our policies. We do not allow our third-party service providers to use your personal data for their own purposes. We only permit them to process your personal data for specified purposes and in accordance with our instructions.
We will only retain your personal information for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements. To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
In some circumstances we may anonymise your personal information so that it can no longer be associated with you, in which case we may use such information without further notice to you. Once you are no longer a supporter of the branch we will retain and securely destroy your personal information in accordance with our data retention policy.
If you have opted in to receive marketing communications from us, we will retain your personal information in order to send you those communications, until you tell us that you do not want to receive them in future. If you subsequently opt out of receiving those communications, we will remove you from our mailing list but we will retain a record of the fact that you have opted out in order to ensure that you do not receive further marketing communications from us.
RIGHTS OF ACCESS, CORRECTION, ERASURE, AND RESTRICTION
Your duty to inform us of changes
It is important that the personal information we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if your personal information changes during your supporter relationship with us.
Your rights in connection with personal information
Under certain circumstances, by law you have the right to:
- Request access to your personal information (commonly known as a “data subject access request”). This enables you to receive a copy of the personal information we hold about you and to check that we are lawfully processing it.
- Request correction of the personal information that we hold about you. This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate information we hold about you corrected.
- Request erasure of your personal information. This enables you to ask us to delete or remove personal information where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it. You also have the right to ask us to delete or remove your personal information where you have exercised your right to object to processing (see below).
- Object to processing of your personal information where we are relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party) and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground. You also have the right to object where we are processing your personal information for direct marketing purposes.
- Request the restriction of processing of your personal information. This enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of personal information about you, for example if you want us to establish its accuracy or the reason for processing it.
- Request the transfer of your personal information to another party.
If you want to review, verify, correct or request erasure of your personal information, object to the processing of your personal data, or request that we transfer a copy of your personal information to another party, please contact GDPRquery@rspcaderby.org.uk.
RIGHT TO WITHDRAW CONSENT
In the limited circumstances where you may have provided your consent to the collection, processing and transfer of your personal information for a specific purpose, you have the right to withdraw your consent for that specific processing at any time. To withdraw your consent, please contact the Branch via GDPRquery@rspcaderby.org.uk. Once we have received notification that you have withdrawn your consent, we will no longer process your information for the purpose or purposes you originally agreed to, unless we have another legitimate basis for doing so in law.
Third party links
You might find links to third party websites on our Website. These websites should have their own privacy policies which you should check. We do not accept any responsibility or liability for their policies whatsoever as we have no control over them.
We welcome any queries, comments or requests you may have regarding this policy, so please do not hesitate to contact us at GDPRquery@rspcaderby.org.uk
If you would prefer to write to us then our contact address is Abbey Street Animal Rehoming Centre. 45 Abbey Street, Derby, DE22 3SJ.